With a new year upon us, some business owners are scratching their heads at where they should be spending their time in 2018. You’re a business owner, right?! It’s hard having to wear 17 hats and still have to stay focused on what key things you can do that will make a difference in your business. Through our research, reading, and experiences from 2017, we’ve uncovered 4 key ways to grow your business in 2018. So here they are…
1.Focus on customer experience
As technology develops to improve user experience online, customer experience seems to have slipped. Experiences of 2017 have led a path that demands 2018 to have better customer service and customer experience. Improving your customer’s experience with your business needs to start with you and your members of staff. Consider a fresh dollop of training to make sure you and your team are equipped to manage customers well.
On the technology front, trends and predictions in 2018 include Chatbots, data collection, and feedback analysis.
- Chatbots: People want what they want when they want it! There’s nothing worse than hitting the send button on an email and just hoping for the best (the best being an actual swift response). Or leaving a voice message begging them to call you back. Chatbots help guides customers through their consumer experience. FAQs, bookings or general guidance – Chatbots have it all covered ensuring customers feel helped and frustration free.
- Data Collection: Businesses have always known how important data collection is. The problem is that they just don’t know what to do with it! Or they don’t have an effective way to manage it. If you’re looking for a way to manage your client’s data – check out our Infusionsoft CRM Foundation package. 2018 is D-Day for getting on top of your data! Collect it, sort it and use marketing automation to sell to it.
- Feedback analysis: Whether it’s a quick survey on the usability of your website, a happy face button at your counter or a detailed post-sale survey – businesses need to collect feedback and then make sure there’s time aside to analyse it! Set up monthly meetings to trawl through scrutinize your findings.
2. Define and segment your customer
Warren G. Bennis, American author, and pioneer once said "In life change is inevitable. In business, change is vital." You might think you know your customers, but customer desires change, and market competition continues to increase. Take the time to define who your ideal customers are. If you know who they are, what they like, what inspires then it means all your advertising to them is focused and targeted to yield a better ROI.
3. Get the right team behind you
Networking and partnerships in business is often a key driver in business success. Make sure your business is aligned with the right people and partners and most importantly has the right team driving your campaigns! Too many businesses make the mistake of doing the same thing with the same people, giving the same result. If the result is good, then great! But if not, have a look at the team supporting you and make sure you’re working with the best to drive the best results.
Jobs Outsourced helps you build and unleash your own marketing department. The platform gives agencies and business owners access to hundreds of skilled and experienced digital marketing gems that can take care of all your marketing needs for you. See our packages.