Jobs Outsource Moderation Policy
- This Moderation Policy sets out the way Jobs Outsource Pty Ltd (ACN 603 716 329) (“JO”) manages the publication of reviews and ratings and other materials in its www.jobsoutsourced.com and other online and media channels (the “Website”).
- The terms “Job Posters”, “Workers”, “Website” and “User Content” used in this Moderation Policy have the meaning given in the General Terms and Conditions of Use available at https://www.jobsoutsourced.com/terms-and-conditions.
1. Verification of Reviews and Ratings
- 1.1 JO will use commercially reasonable endeavours to ensure and verify the validity of reviews and ratings, such as:
- (a) allowing a Job Poster who has previously engaged a Worker to review and rate on that particular Worker;
- (b) the number of reviews that have been used in calculating the average rating on a Worker; and
- (c) displaying reviews and ratings in the order that they are received.
2. Variation, Rejection or Removal of Reviews and Ratings
- 2.1 JO will not:
- (a) remove genuine reviews and ratings solely because a business or individual has lodged a complaint about the review and rating;
- (b) alter, reject or remove reviews and ratings solely because they are negative or bad;
- (c) engage in conduct that manipulates reviews and ratings such as approaching the Job Posters with incentives to either provide positive reviews and ratings or to remove negative reviews and ratings;
- (d) manipulate or re-order reviews and ratings in such a way that a misleading impression is created; and
- (e) apply disproportionately more rigorous checks on negative reviews and ratings than positive reviews and ratings.
- 2.2 JO may alter, reject or delete any content that it knows reasonably believes or knows:
- (a) is false or misleading;
- (b) is offensive, defamatory or irrelevant;
- (c) is commercial, advertising, solicitation or spam, including the posting of the same or similar message more than once; and
- (d) is automated, unintelligible or is linked to unrelated sites or content;
- (f) is discriminative or fosters discrimination based on gender, race, appearance, nationality, ethnicity, religion, age, sexual orientation or disability;
- (g) impersonates or falsely claims to represent another individual or organisation;
- (h) promotes personal or political interests; and/or
- (i) infringes intellectual property rights.
- 2.3 JO may take action to prevent the participation of the author of such content in its platform and may, in certain cases, report the issue to the relevant authorities.
- 2.4 JO aims to moderate content in a timely manner. However, JO cannot make specific commitment to time frames for moderating content as certain cases may require further investigation.
3. Detection of False Reviews and Ratings
- 3.1 JO will use commercially reasonable endeavours to detect any false reviews and ratings, including allowing:
- (a) only a Job Poster who has previously engaged a Worker to review and rate that particular Worker in order to minimise the risk of false reviews and ratings; and
- (b) users of the Website to flag suspicious reviews and ratings by contacting JO.
4. Detection of Incentivised Reviews and Ratings
- 4.1 Workers must not:
- (a) solicit or incentivise Job Posters to post positive reviews and ratings; and
- (b) solicit, harass or incentivise Job Posters to remove negative reviews and ratings.
- 4.2 If a Worker contravenes clause 4.1 of this Moderation Policy, the Job Poster must notify JO of such conduct as soon as possible.
- 4.3 If JO receives a complaint of such conduct from the Job Poster, JO will investigate the matter. If JO reasonably believes that the Worker has engaged in such conduct, JO may, depending on the severity of the conduct, do any one or a combination of the following:
- (a) prominently disclose on the Worker’s profile that the Worker has provided incentives for reviews and ratings;
- (b) remove that particular review and rating;
- (c) provide a warning to the Worker;
- (d) suspend the Worker’s account;
- (e) terminate the Worker’s account; and/or
- (f) report the conduct to the relevant authorities.
- 5.1 In this context, phoenixing occurs when the Job Poster or the Worker’s account is suspended or cancelled, the Job Poster or the Worker then open another account and pretend to be a new user of the Website. Both the Job Posters and Workers must not engage in such activities
- 5.2 To prevent phoenixing, JO will use commercially reasonable endeavours to:
- (a) verify the identity and address of individuals or businesses who register for an account; and
- (b) cross check details of new registration with existing or cancelled accounts.
6. Complaints about Reviews and Ratings
- 6.1 If a Worker has a complaint in relation to a review and rating made by a Job Poster, the Worker can contact JO at email@example.com and identify which review and rating the Worker wishes to make a complaint about and provide JO with evidence why the Worker believes that the review and rating is untrue or should be altered or removed.
- 6.2 Upon receipt of the complaint from the Worker, JO will investigate the complaint and may provide an opportunity to the Job Poster to respond to the complaint.
- 6.3 Once JO reaches a decision, JO will advise both the Worker and the Job Poster regarding the outcome of its investigation and any action it has decided to take in relation to the complaint.
- 6.4 JO may alter or remove the review and rating pursuant to clause 2.2 of this Moderation Policy. However, if JO does not alter or remove the review and rating as requested by the Worker, under no circumstances will JO be deemed to have published the review and rating and the Worker acknowledges that the review and rating is User Content and JO’s liability is limited in accordance with the General Terms and Conditions.
7. Variation to this Moderation Policy
- 7.1 JO reserves the right to review and change any of the Moderation Policy by updating this page. When JO updates the Moderation Policy, it will use reasonable endeavours to provide you with notice of same. Any changes to the Moderation Policy take immediate effect from the date of their publication. Your access and use of the Website after JO makes any changes constitute your acceptance of any such changes and you will be bound by those changes. If you do not agree to any changes, you must cease usage of the Website immediately.
- Please contact JO at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions regarding this Moderation Policy.